Many people often wonder if they can buy a home without a REALTOR® or real estate agent. While the answer is yes, my question to you would be why would you want to? The usual response to that question is to save money. Many buyers do not know or understand that the buyer's agent fee is typically paid by the seller. Customarily, there is a transaction fee charged to the buyer by the real estate company but a good buyer's agent will take this fee into consideration when negotiating the price and terms of the offer you place on a home.
Advantages of Hiring a Buyer's Agent
Although you can buy a home without a REALTOR® or real estate agent, there are advantages to hiring a buyer's agent to help you through the process of buying a home. These advantages include:
- A MLS (Multiple Listing Service) or online home search
- Up to date information including new listings and price changes
- Assistance in finding qualified professionals including mortgage brokers and inspectors
- Negotiation skills to help you get the best price and terms to accomplish your goals
- Someone in your corner to guide you through the process of making an offer, the inspection period, and closing
Purchasing a home is often one of the largest financial transactions someone will make during their lifetime. When you consider all of the factors involved in the process of purchasing a home, hiring a REALTOR® to oversee the details and minimize your risk is well worth the nominal cost. Linda Holloway understands that the process of buying a home can be personal and emotional as well as financial. Linda will provide the information you need to make the best decision possible when buying a home. Please contact Linda before deciding to buy a home without a REALTOR® or real estate agent.